Ray of Hope is currently seeking Youth Care Workers (Part-Time) to join our team at our Secure Custody Facility.
YOUTH CARE WORKER
The Youth Care Worker is responsible for providing day-to-day support and supervision to male youth in a Secure Custody facility. The Youth Care Worker will engage in appropriate behaviour interventions and will actively participate in providing an effective, supportive, and respectful care system for the youth in custody. Specifically, the Youth Care Worker will:
· Provide supervision and support to youth who have been in conflict with the law in a custody facility as well as in the community.
· Engage in behavioural interventions using approved methods and training.
· Implement appropriate discipline and consequences in accordance with Ministry requirements and Ray of Hope policy and procedure.
· Provide an effective, supportive and respectful care system for the residents, including building appropriate relationships and maintaining boundaries.
· Complete admission and discharge of residents following established procedures.
· Prepare and complete detailed written logs, incident reports, and other documentation.
· Establish professional, helpful and supportive relationships with residents’ family.
· Attend to residents’ health, medical and dental needs.
· Attend to residents’ ethnic, heritage, cultural and spiritual needs.
· Develop, organize and implement social, recreational, and skills programs with support of other team members, social worker, and program supervisors.
· Conduct effective searches of person, facility and property.
· Provides safe and secure transportation to residents in and out of the facility.
· Contribute and participate in the upkeep and maintenance of property.
· Follow occupational health and safety policies and programs and report and take action on unsafe working conditions or work environment.
· Assume other duties as may be assigned.
· Education: High school diploma or GED required. In progress/completion of post-secondary education (Diploma/Degree) in a related field is an asset. 5 or more years of experience in a related work environment without secondary education may be considered.
· Experience: Previous experience working with at-risk youth (1 Year) an asset.
· Certifications: Level C CPR, First Aid/AED Training is required; Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Certificate an asset.
· Problem Solving/Decision Making
· Relationship Building
· Police Records Check, including a screening for working with the vulnerable sector
· Medical Form including up to date immunizations and T/B Test
· Valid, unrestricted, “G” Class Driver’s licence
· Ministry of Transportation 3-Year Driving Record
· Must be available to work some overnight and evening shifts
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Ray of Hope, however, only those qualified applicants requested for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: This facility is located in a rural area with no access to public transportation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the following link to submit your application (including cover letter and resume) as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
In accordance with the AODA, accommodations and information regarding all parts of the recruitment process (including job description, hiring practices, retention, and career development for employees) are readily available. If you require accommodations or information about this position or our hiring practices, please indicate so in your application and a Human Resources representative from Ray of Hope will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Salary: $15.97 /hour