Ray of Hope is currently hiring Community Meals Coordinators. We would like them to start as soon as possible. This job positing will be up as long as these positions are still available.
Under the direction of the Program Director and working closely with the Community Service Supervisors, the Community Meals Coordinator is responsible for and provides oversight to kitchen operations including the supervision of meal groups and kitchen volunteers. A primary responsibility is building relationships with and supporting groups of volunteers to ensure that the purpose, mission, vision of the Ray of Hope Community Centre is understood and safe food handling practices are followed and meals are prepared and served in a timely manner. The Kitchen Coordinator will lead and support our “Warriors 4 Hope” meal team in preparing, serving and coordinating a meal to be served on a weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with volunteer meal teams.
- Openly share the purpose, mission, and vision of the Ray of Hope Community Centre.
- Provide leadership, coaching, support and suggestions to meals teams.
- Liaise with on site meal group leader to ensure procedures are being followed.
- Provide oversight and be accessible to meal teams during meal preparation and serving.
- Ensure proper safe food handling procedures are followed to ensure cleanliness and avoid cross contamination.
- Control food inventory and supplies while ensuring minimization of waste.
- Complete regular checks and recording of food temperatures.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of equipment.
- Lead, support, and coordinate a group of guests (“Warriors 4 Hope” meal group) in the preparation and serving of a regular meal.
- Plan, organize and supervise meals when not being prepared by a volunteer meal group.
- Research and create cost-effective, large quantity recipes.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Attend appropriate committees, agency meetings, as well as public or educational meetings as they related to the Ray of Hope Community Centre.
- Provide information on and promote additional volunteer opportunities within Ray of Hope as well as sharing the agency’s Mission, Vision and Values to volunteer meal groups
- Provide information and recommendations to the Program Director regarding program evaluation and modifications to better meet needs of the kitchen, meal program, and inventory control.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year in food preparation (cooking large quantities an asset), and supervisory experience is an asset.
- Certifications: Safe Food Handling required, Crisis Intervention training, First Aid/CPR, ASIST preferred
- Demonstrated ability in issuing corrective action
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in safe food handling practices
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships
Values & Competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Developing Others
- Police Records Check, including a screening with the vulnerable sector.
- Medical Form including immunization history and fitness to perform requirements of the position.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Hours of Work
The following shifts would be available to successful candidates. Please note that the shift times may change depending on the need of the program.
Sunday: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Monday to Friday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the following link to submit your application (including cover letter and resume) as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
In accordance with the AODA, accommodations and information regarding all parts of the recruitment process (including job description, hiring practices, retention, and career development for employees) are readily available. If you require accommodations or information about this position or our hiring practices, please indicate so in your application and a Human Resources representative from Ray of Hope will be in contact with you as soon as possible.