Ray of Hope – Youth Addictions Services is currently hiring for Part-Time (Casual) Youth Addictions Workers to start as soon as possible.
The Youth Addiction Worker works directly with the youth in the residential program, providing counselling and guidance to participants in the context of a therapeutic community milieu. S/he also provides support to life skills training, and plans & participates in recreational, community service and some educational activities.
· Education: In progress or completion of Post-Secondary Education (Bachelor Degree or 3-year/post-grad College Diploma) in a field relevant to the position.
· Experience: previous experience working with youth and in addictions field
· Demonstrated ability in counselling and group facilitation
· Demonstrated knowledge of adolescent development, family systems, attachment distress, trauma, substance abuse, addiction, harm reduction, and addictions treatment.
· Willing to work overnights and weekends.
· Police Records Check, including a screening with the vulnerable sector
· Medical Form
· Valid, unrestricted, “G” Class Driver’s licence
· Ministry of Transportation 3-Year Driving Record
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR.
· Must be able to successfully complete or have completed an approved crisis intervention training program.
· Problem Solving
· Relationship Building
· Team Work
Employees should be prepared to provide availability for evenings, weekends and overnights.